FTL Systems' Technical Capability:
Advanced, Internally Developed Technical Capability at the Core of FTL Systems Products
Advanced, internally developed technical capablity definining the future edge of
technology defines the core value behind FTL Systems. The team at FTL Systems has
a history of more than 20 years developing capabilities no one else has. Previous
to starting FTL Systems in 1995 we were leaders on a variety of business, technical
and engineering / scientific computer systems that defining lead edge.
Initially FTL Systems began as a military contractor with limited commercial sales.
Since 2009 we have been shifting over to a 100 percent commerical model, excluding
military goods. In 2016 we expect to complete this transition. Concurrently we
are centralizing management, research, development, manufacture and secondary support
in Groningen, The Netherlands with a backup site in central Switzerland. All new
products and technologies are being developed in Europe.
FTL Systems has dozens of issued and pending patents worldwide (see tab at left).
Additionally, we aggressively protect our secrets. We work hard to be on the
leading technical edge of the markets we target or participate in. Legacy products
based on commodity technology, available from others, are being dropped.
In an effort to become a white strong security provider to corporations,
FTL Systems has dropped its crypto-analytic (code breaking) products and services.
Being on both the white and black sides of cryptography is too
difficult and ambiguous. We have terminated the black side completely.
In developing the best strong security it helps to understand the black side.
FTL Systems' core technical capabilities include:
- Unique processor architecture and implementations ranging up to more
than a PetaFLOP per core, low power and high system integrity,
- High performance parallelizing compilers,
- Electronic design automation (EDA) capable of very high speed,
asynchronous, high reliability circuits exceeding 20B devices,
- Application development technology for rapidly creating reliable, high
performance parallel applications,
- Immersive, 3D and 4D rendering and display technology at 8K x 8K in
real-time (Star-trek like holo-deck)
- High-speed, highly integrated components such as analog to digital
converters, digital to analog converters and other parts used for network
- cryptograph and strong digital security systems,
- Wireless base stations capable of an extraordinary number of clients,
bandwidth and quality of service (QoS),
- Photovoltaic systems capable of 30 to 40 percent efficiency and
long term reliability with minimal maintenance, and
- Green energy storage (batteries).